- Salesforce Cloud Computing
Salesforce Data Migration Best Practices- Conundrum Solved
Whenever a company gets a new functional system they require a huge transition in their legacy systems. For this, you need to hire an expert Salesforce consultant who understands the complete migration process.
Salesforce.com data migration has its own particular novel process, with its own arrangement of complexities. Whatever the specific nature of any information migration is, a definitive point is to enhance corporate execution and convey a focused advantage. Salesforce data migration is the specific first thing you should do before going-live keeping in mind the end goal to bring all the current information from your inheritance framework into the Salesforce Cloud without losing any of it.
We have compiled a few practices that may help you with efficient Salesforce Data Migration. For a better understanding, we have divided the blog into the following parts-
List of Pre-data Migration Contemplations
Here is a list of a few pointers that you should consider before putting Salesforce data migration into motion-
- Make and set up a client with a framework manager profile for information relocation.
- Finish framework arrangement.
- Set up parts/profiles.
- Make sure to store all conceivable heritage IDs for an account in Salesforce. (This can help with investigation later on.)
- Affirm that record types and picklist esteems are characterized.
- Set up each and every item/cash mix in the pricebooks on the off chance that it will be utilized in Salesforce. (This should be stacked into the standard pricebook first.)
- Appropriate mapping should be characterized.
- Clean and advance your data before stacking. It’s in every case a great practice to institutionalize, clean, de-trick and approve source information before migration.
- Use Bulk API for better throughput, particularly when working with extensive information volumes to expand the stack speed.
- Disable and delete whatever you can. When you know your information is spotless, you can securely deploy the procedures that you would typically have set up to ensure against information section mistakes in clump stacks, or for the mistakes made by clients amid day to day activities. These activities can add generous time to the insert— complex triggers specifically. These are the primary things you ought to research when you investigate a moderate load.
- While stacking large chunks of information volumes, the counts can take a lot of time. We can likely build stack execution by conceding the sharing counts until after the heap is finished.
List of Salesforce Data Migration Best Practices
Here are a few best practices that you can follow to optimize Salesforce Data Migration-
Identify which information you need to migrate
- Pick which Objects to migrate.
- For instance, choose whether to relocate just the Contact data from each Account or just move the Account data from a specific division.
Create templates for the data
- Make an excel template or a format for each Object utilizing an information data export from the Data Loader (utilize the data export file document as your layout).
- Objects have obligatory connections which manage the request of data migration, recognize the required fields for each Object.
Illustration: Always relocate Users first, then select Accounts, and then select Opportunities.
Populate your templates
- Audit your information before populating it in the format that you create.
- For instance: Load one record, check the outcomes, at that point stack all records together.
Migrate the data
- Consider making custom fields to store any inheritance ID data.
- Discretionary: Give the custom field the “External ID” quality so it will be filed. This will help keep up connections and help you construct custom reports for information approval.
Validate the data
Utilize these methods to approve your movement:
- Make custom reports that approve record checks and give a general preview of migration.
- Spot check the information.
- Survey special case reports perceiving what information was not migrated.
- Before you load the desired data into the production module, please make sure that you have loaded your information module with the same data files(data templates) in your Salesforce sandbox earlier. Depending upon the availability of sandbox, you can either use Developer, QA or a Full copy sandbox.
The bottom line is that whatever functionality or the CRM system you prefer to use, you will have to ensure a smooth and clean data migration for sure. Every system comes with its own set of best practices and features. If you have to maximize your functionality it is necessary for you to deploy that. I hope that you have a good clarity on the best-practices for Salesforce data migration after reading the content of this blog.