- Java Development
Why is Java the Best Choice for the Development of Small Scale Apps?
Java is considered the ultimate, robust and legacy platform for maintenance requirements. It has well-known advantages in custom application development. But, when it comes to the development of small-scale apps, its benefits are generally ignored by most software companies. The small and medium enterprises infect, prefer open-source technologies for getting higher returns by cutting down on their project overheads.
Presently, Java lets the businesses derive greater revenue with a quicker and higher turnaround by the launch of the new-age mobile applications enriched with features. Small and Medium Enterprises can thus make use of Java in the non-enterprise development of software that provides better capabilities with enhanced security and quality. It is because of this that many startups and businesses are able to realize the advantages of Java and pick it over many other latest technologies for taking their businesses to new highs.
Highlights of Java for Small Scale Applications
So how is Java placed in favor of the
small businesses for their development?
- Solutions for the Future: All businesses look at future and growth. They want to create apps and other technologies that will not only cater to a particular market segment but will also be helpful in exploring new technologies. Java presents a wonderful opportunity for businesses that are in the process of taking up a complete churning of their operations and processes. Java comes endowed with wonderful features and options for easy portability across different platforms that are varied in nature. Additionally, if your business application needs one more interface for the app then Java comes loaded with support for the same.
- Improved Software Testing: It is the involvement and use of the behavior-based approach and a stringent automated testing framework that allows for a complete revamp of the complete functionality of the system. It is this perfect combination of the accuracy and the reliability that is put forth by Java, which actually helps in the identification of actual gaps, irrespective of the type of application that is being developed. If a testing case is submitted it will be executed to perfection. It will also be applied in the phase of deployment. The latter takes place with no failure or a miss in back-up and that too on time. This holds good for a desktop app, a Web application, etc. The overall use suggests that it actually causes enhanced and more streamlined user experience for the thus created app.
- Scale of Use: If you are in a business that calls for regular interaction with many users on a concurrent basis, the basic requirement will be that it is able to give you better performance even during extreme loads. This is often achieved with the help of Java that makes faster performance possible for the app at the front-end with responsiveness. This is made possible by it by getting data from a diverse set of databases along with a sound back-end functionality, and highly efficient management of many resource-intensive operations like retrieval of data, etc.
- Simplicity of Use: Java is said to be an object-oriented programming language that was developed in 1995 for the Sun microsystems. Although it is similar to C++ but is highly advanced with many simplified features. It is not only free to access but also runs on many multiple platforms. The best part of Java is that it is concurrent and can run many statements simultaneously and not one after the other. Also, it is the class-based and object-driven language for programming. As it is an independent language, it often runs on the premise of write once, runs anywhere type of logic. It means that once it is compiled the code can be run on all the platforms that support Java. The simplicity of Java cannot be challenged as it takes off all the complexities like pointers, operator overloading as can also be seen in C++. Java is said to be object-oriented which means that it has the same state and behavior that can be carried out on these objects.
- Usability: Every business application that can interact with more than one user at one time is regarded as very useful. This feature is highly in demand as going forward more and more businesses are moving online and they have to constantly work on an increasing amount of data that is being generated every day. It is to cater to this demand, Java proves highly beneficial. Of course, as the business grows in size in terms of operations, so will the users also grow. Now, apps that are made with Java are endowed with the feature and functionality to accommodate the growing number of users. This allows them to perform well even in cases of increased workloads. This is supported by the ability to manage various resource-consuming operations in a manner that the app shows better responsiveness to various queries by the users on the front end.
- Security: With the growing number of cyber-attacks and other vulnerabilities in the online world, security has become a prime concern for all businesses who have set shop online or are running any website or app. Thus, the security of data and other internet resources is of primary importance. Java is endowed with features that can address this concern as well. It has many sound applications that can withstand any kind of malware and hacking attacks with immense strength. Java application will not answer any query or give any information to the user unless the latter has furnished appropriate user credentials. Moreover, all the code in Java gets converted to bytecode after compilation. This code cannot be read by humans. Java does not have any external pointer and actually run the programs inside the sandbox for the prevention of any kind of activities from sources that are not trusted. Java lets the businesses give shape to completely secure applications that are completely free of viruses.
- Dynamic: Java is a very versatile and dynamic language. It comes with the ability to completely adapt to the changing environment. Latter supports the dynamic allocation of memory. It significantly brings down the reduction in wastage of memory and thereby enhances the overall performance. Also, due to its strong management of memory, various errors are removed. It also helps in checking the code both during compilation and the runtime. The great performance is also due to the bytecode that can be easily transformed into the native code of the machine. Its overall dynamism and high performance are based on the use of the Just in Time compilers as well.
It is also important to mention the
Java components that prove helpful in the great performance of the language.
Components of Java
There are three components of Java:
- Java Virtual Machine JVM: A JVM is basically a specification that is helpful in providing a particular run-time environment that will help to execute the byte code of Java. It comes in three notations:
- Specification: It is basically a document that helps in the description of the Java Virtual Machine. This is often given by Sun and other companies.
- Implementation: It refers to a program that helps in addressing all the requirements of JVM specification.
- Runtime Instance: It is created whenever a Java command is written on the command prompt and then run in class.
- Java Runtime Environment JRE: It refers to a runtime environment that helps in the execution of the Java code. It also is instrumental in the implementation of the JVM and helps in the provision of the class libraries and many other files of support that are used by the JVM at runtime. Hence, JRE is basically a software package that contains everything that is needed to run a Java program. It is thus referred to as an implementation of the JVM that actually exists.
- Java Development Kit JDK: This Java tool is basically used for compilation, document and also the packaging of the Java programs. It actually includes the JRE that has the tools used for Java programmers. The kit for Java Development is often free of any charge and includes an interpreter or a loader, a compiler (javac), an archiver (jar), a documentation generator (Javadoc) and many other tools that are needed for the development of Java. Thus, basically, it contains the JRE and development tools.
So, now that you are aware of all the
uses and components of Java, it is also important to consider how you should
actually put up various Java partners. Here are some tips for the correct
development partner for the project.
Helpful Tips in Choosing the Right Java Development Partner
It is definitely clear that Java is a great choice for your business that is either mid-sized, small or even of the enterprise-grade. It is perfect for the development of your next application. An enterprise-level application of Java for your business can lead to huge opportunities, especially if you get the right partner for the development of applications. Here are some criteria that can help you in the evaluation of the service provider for the development of custom applications for your business.
- Team Skills: It is always
recommended that you look for a robust team that has all the apt skills and
expertise. This means that they should have the complete language inside-out in
all the present versions and even the updates. Additionally, the team should
have excellent communication skills and definitely proactive.
- Experience: This is
important. It is not just the right skills that will help. There are only very
few things that can help to counter the right experience in the domain. Hence
when you have to look out for the partners, it is important for you to see for
how long the company has been present in the industry and how many projects it
has handled successfully. In addition, never forget that an organization is
only as strong as the employees. So, it is also important to explore the
individual experience of the employees in the relevant field.
- Track Record: A soundtrack
record is essential and should be checked. You will definitely not like to tie
up with any technology partner that has had any major goof-ups in the past. It
is a good idea to deeply explore the projects that they have worked on in the
past so that you have a fair idea of their way of working and handling of
projects. Also, you should get reviews from the clients.
Approach: Also, you should develop a customer-centric approach as you will
want your developers to design an application that truly matches your needs.
Other factors that need to be catered to include adhering to various quality
standards especially delivering on deadlines.
- Budget: When you
look for Java partners make sure you look for the budget depending on the size
of your business. Hence you have to look for the providers that give quality
services within the limit of your defined budget. It is not a wise step to
stretch your budget to accommodate so-called better partners. This may prove
costly even in the longer run. So, it is better to stick to your guns at the
Java is the preferred partner for
developing small scale apps. Java is highly popular for all sizes of
enterprises ranging from small to mid-size and large-scale organization. The
best Java partner should not have any reservations about the client
requirements and deliver what has been asked for and at the right time. Java
comes with many uses that are helpful in the development of small apps. Thus,
pick Java without any fears and go for the best development partners in the
same. Also, do share your experiences with us.